Exam Details and Preparation
The following exams require an overnight fast. Please do not eat or drink 8-10 hours prior to the exam
- Abdomen Complete Ultrasound - Liver, Gallbladder, Biliary System, Pancreas, Kidneys, Spleen, Aorta, and IVC
- Abdomen Limited Ultrasound - Liver, Gallbladder, Biliary System, Pancreas, Right Kidney
- Abdominal Aorta Ultrasound - Abdominal Aorta, Iliac Arteries, IVC, and Kidneys
- Renal Artery Ultrasound - Detailed exam of the Aorta, Kidneys, and their blood supply
The following exams require a full bladder at the time of the exam. Please drink 32 ounces of water one hour prior to the exam.
- Renal Ultrasound - Nilateral Kidneys, Bladder, Aorta and IVC
- Pelvic Ultrasound - Uterus and Ovaries
- First Trimester Obsterical (Must be less than 14 weeks)
The following exams require no preparation.
- Arterial Legs (ABI's) - ABI's, Segmental Pressures, and Pulse Volume Recording to evaluate for terrestrial vascular disease
- Carotid Ultrasound - Duplex evaluation of the Common Carotid, Internal Carotid, External Carotid, Vertebral and Subclavian Arteries of the neck.
- Infant Hip Ultrasound - Bilateral Infant Hips
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound - Varies depending on the area being scan
- Testicular Ultrasound - Scrotun and testes
- Thyroid Ultrasound - Thyroid glands and Parathyroid glands
- Venous Arm Ultrasound - Duplex exam of the upper extremity veins
- Venous Leg Ultrasound - Duplex exam of the lower extremity veins